Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dinner - Cabbage et le eggs et la veg a la jakas

Now I am not a big fan of cooking...however when I cook...it will be nothing like what I planned...from rock hard basic sponges( Cake) to something completely horrible...I can do it all...so after I came back from office I decided to test my endurance again and cook food for myself...the availability of ingredients that I had were..

1. Garam Masala ( about 1 year old)
2. Cabbage .. I bought it about a week ago
3. beans
4. Shimla Mirch
5. Tomatoes
6. Salt
7. Pepper
8. Eggs

So first I mentally prepared the dish.. the idea was to make a bed of thinly sliced cabbage

parboil( so that the shape is retained) rest of the vegetables and then stir fry them in oil and serve...

However as I started cutting the vegetables I came up with another plan

Just boil everything and eat it like a soup...

Now by the time I cut all the vegetables I forgot both the separate recipes and mashed it into one..so I fried everything and then added water and it lookked really terrible...

So imagine my surprise when I tasted this grub..it was wonderfull... so I decided to name it....

and who knows I might just be famous

8 comments:

~ ॐ ~ said...

and i really laughed out loud once I reached the end of this post !!!

hehehe...

Awesome stuff man !!!

Shunali Malik said...

Gawd!!! YOU ARE CRAZY!!!

Remind me to get you some recipe books :-)

Arobindo said...

Brace yourself people --- I the cook is here...

Peta -- it really tasted good, not sure how but it did...

Shunali... please I am hotel management pass out...recipe books are for armatures...I am a professional ...

Subhadip said...

hotel management... my foot. I seriously doubt your credentials... kahin paisa deke certificate...???

But then, since you graduated from Maggi and egg bhujji, I congratulate you.

Name is good.

Arobindo said...

Shubho...do not doubt ....

by the way..it was not egg bhurji...I have given the name...

Do not insult my work of art...you would be at peril.....

Subhadip said...

What! Now you dare threaten me online? I will recruit Shaji to make tea, and then force you to have it. Beat that.

Arobindo said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
please I will never do it again...

uhg...yahhhhhhh...bhrrrr...thu thu thu

ChAsMeBadDoOr said...

ROFl!!! ur post made me lauf a lot... gr8 idea ov cooking... reminds me d day i tried cooking..[:P] BTW nyc name 4 ur dish... do contact Sanjeev Kapoor sometym [;)]

kidding no offence

arpita [:P]