Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Missing presumed dead

Next week, the death toll in the post Godhra riot will rise from 952 to 1180, seven years are up and so all the missing persons will be declared dead... by Shobha Naryan in Hindustan Times.

This was the first lines that I read today as soon as I came in and promptly forgot...and I am ashamed... somewhere deep down a small voice told me to care and slowly after hours it got louder... and the pitch is slowly but steadily going up....

Somewhere while growing up I have forgotten about Humanity...I think I see too much of it getting bombed, knifed, gunned .... this I argue has killed my ability to get shocked.

I accept the dead and the dying as normally as I only can, I do not worry after a while... '

I have seen all .. I argue.... I am too small to help them.... I say.... how am I related .. I think... I have other things to worry about.. I feel .... I am not responsible....

Yes I do not think I will do anything... today or tomorrow... but I will.... somehow...I will

3 comments:

~ ॐ ~ said...

:(

Hope you will.. hope I will too !!

Subhadip said...

Hope we all do :(

Reeta Skeeter said...

Indeed the alarming rise in the number of such events is numbing and after a while fails to have much impact on the mind...as humans we err and from the errors we learn... :)